College Awards 2020, delivered by CDN, are now open for entries, and we have provided you with top tips for creating an award-winning submission! Submit your entry here.
1. Pick the right category
- Take a close look at all the categories to determine what’s right for your submission/s
- You may submit a maximum of two submissions per category
- Tailor your information to suit the criteria for each category
2. Check permissions
- Check that third parties / partners are happy to have their information included in your submission before you start writing it
3. Stick to the criteria
- Make it easy for the judges to identify the evidence in your submission against the criteria
- Make sure that the information you provide is directly relevant to the criteria
4. Take your time
- Be sure to build in enough time to write a great submission
- Don’t forget to allow time for proof reading and any required sign off
5. Follow instructions
- Stick to the word count
- Provide supporting evidence in the correct formats
6. Tell a great story
- Provide a clear submission that is easy to read and grabs the judges’ attention
- Make use of images and diagrams as evidence, if appropriate
- If you’ve faced challenges make them – and how you overcame them – part of your story
7. Prove it!
- Include supporting evidence
- Use testimonials
- Add statistics and evaluation data to evidence impact
8. Get organised
- It works well if one person acts as overall coordinator for your submission.
9. Check, check and double check
- Once you’ve drafted your submission, ask someone to sense check the information
- Proof read your submission – avoid typos at all cost!
10. Submit your entry by the closing date!
- The deadline for entries is Friday 3 July at 5pm and the winners will be announced at the national awards dinner on Thursday 3 December 2020 at Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow.