College Awards 2019, delivered by CDN, are now open for entries, and we have provided you with top tips for creating an award-winning submission! Submit your entry here.
1. Pick the right category
- Take a close look at all the categories to determine what’s right for your submission/s
- You may submit a maximum of two submissions per category
- Tailor your information to suit the criteria for each category
2. Check permissions
- Check that third parties / partners are happy to have their information included in your submission before you start writing it
3. Stick to the criteria
- Make it easy for the judges to identify the evidence in your submission against the criteria
- Make sure that the information you provide is directly relevant to the criteria
4. Take your time
- Be sure to build in enough time to write a great submission
- Don’t forget to allow time for proof reading and any required sign off
5. Follow instructions
- Stick to the word count
- Provide supporting evidence in the correct formats
6. Tell a great story
- Provide a clear submission that is easy to read and grabs the judges’ attention
- Make use of images and diagrams as evidence, if appropriate
- If you’ve faced challenges make them – and how you overcame them – part of your story
7. Prove it!
- Include supporting evidence
- Use testimonials
- Add statistics and evaluation data to evidence impact
8. Get organised
- It works well if one person acts as overall coordinator for your submission.
9. Check, check and double check
- Once you’ve drafted your submission, ask someone to sense check the information
- Proof read your submission – avoid typos at all cost!
10. Submit your entry by the closing date!
- The deadline for entries is Friday 21 June at 5pm and the winners will be announced at the national awards dinner on Thursday 21 November 2019 at Radisson Blu in Glasgow.