Invitation to Tender for Commissioned Research: Analysis of the Scottish College Sector’s capacity to undertake International Business Development
CDN is delighted to announce that funding has been secured from the Scottish Government, Scottish Development International and British Council Scotland to undertake sector-wide research on the college sector’s capacity around international business development.
This is the first national research of this kind for the sector and will provide colleges and the wider education ecosystem with a clearer understanding of current international activity across Scotland’s colleges, and of the opportunities for colleges to internationalise further.
The research project will be conducted over a three-month period – February to April 2020 – and aims to achieve the following:
- Assist the college sector in Scotland in demonstrating comparative capacity, promoting and responding to opportunities in specific markets, subject and thematic areas
- Inform a comprehensive set of marketing and case-study materials highlighting comparative strengths
- Provide the College International Group and its partners with an evidence base for our partnership work and for the promotion of Scottish college expertise internationally
- Inform the sector of the international opportunities available that colleges can capitalise on both as individual institutions and through cross-sector collaborations. This could include full cost recovery opportunities and those which support market entry, capacity building and unlock strategic forms of support (e.g. part-funded opportunities)
- Inform the sector of the wider opportunities and benefits of internationalisation of colleges more broadly, particularly in the context of EU exit
- Inform the sector of how colleges can better utilise their international alumni networks at an institutional level, and through a Team Scotland approach