This online course is designed to develop your coaching knowledge and skills, enabling you to adopt a coaching approach when leading teams and individuals. The course will introduce you to coaching theory, models and tools; alongside the opportunity to practice and improve your coaching skills. By the end of the online course, you will have gained an effective coaching toolkit to support your role.
This online course will take place over six virtual workshops and will be delivered over a number of methods, including; presentation of information, small group discussion, individual exercises, case studies, demonstration, skills practice and Q&A.
This six-week online course takes place over six consecutive sessions from 24 October to 28 November. It is delivered through six two-hour Zoom workshops, from 1500 to 1700, on the following dates:
- 24 October
- 31 October
- 7 November
- 14 November
- 21 November
- 28 November
A coaching approach can help unlock a person’s potential to maximise their own performance. It equips them with the skills and knowledge they require to effective lead.
A coaching approach involves continuous two-way feedback between the manager and employee. It helps the employee identify, work on areas for improvement, and reinforces strengths to sustain performance.
Benefits of Coaching
- Improved and enhanced performance, productivity, and attendance by addressing personal struggles, and increasing employees’ resilience.
- Organisations can more effectively deal with their people and culture issues by coaching managers to deal with difficult situations and people.
- Better change management by identifying and understanding the employee’s values, which can be aligned to the most effective communication style when planning for and introducing change.
- Improving team cohesiveness and cooperation by team coaching exercises to build trust.
- Improve retention of talent, by supporting their development, including role transition (promotion) and to invest in leadership development in line with succession plans.
- To support employees through life’s challenges and give others a helping hand.
- Help address employee mental health problems, minimise risk of (long-term) absence, burnout and stress.
- Providing employees with key feedback that’s context-specific, constructive, in a non-judgmental way to support change and minimise defensiveness.
- What is coaching?
- Benefits of Coaching.
- Manager as Coach.
- Building trust and rapport.
- Personal communication preferences.
- Difficult conversations.
- What creates conflict.
- How you show up.
- Coaching skills and competencies:
Listening, questioning, reflection, summarising, creating accountability.
- Coaching Models.
- Skills practice.
Total cost of the course for college staff is £150 (incl. VAT).
To discuss a bespoke course for your college or organisation, please contact email@example.com
There is no formal assessment for this course.