The Community-Based Learning Network’s key purpose is to provide support to people delivering learning which is supported by colleges outwith the main campuses: this could include e.g. in community centres, youth services, prisons; and also includes partnerships with community support organisations which bring learners into main campuses. Our aims:
- To be a collaborative and supportive network of community based learning practitioners
- To focus on learning supported by colleges outwith main campuses, such as community centres, youth services and prisons, and including partnerships which bring vulnerable learners into main campuses
- To work with Community Learning and Development partners as appropriate
- To disseminate examples of practice and relevant information among members through CDN services including the Internet and an email distribution list; and an annual conference
- To encourage members to share information including availability of funding to provide a collective voice for community learning interests supported by colleges.
Ann Kirkwood, CDN Lead
Sheila White, Glasgow Clyde College (Chair)