The Languages and ESOL network supports the learning and teaching of all languages and cultures. Our purpose is to be a national voice for languages and ESOL within colleges and the wider community, and to provide a platform for sharing and developing practice in its widest sense.
We will do this by:
• Liaising with key stakeholders from other relevant organisations and cross-sector collaboration.
• Facilitating the sharing of resources, information and good practice to enhance learning and teaching.
• Identifying opportunities for funding and external support.
• Promoting languages and intercultural competences as core skills, and raising awareness of the benefits of all languages.
• Influencing national policy.
Suzanne Marshall, CDN Lead
Joint Chairs: Mandy Watts, Education Scotland and Angela de Britos, SCILT (Scotland’s National Centre for Languages)