1.1. Students at the centre
- Understands student needs, the context in which they are living and studying, and the impact of these on learning.
- Values the contribution students as learning partners can make individually and through systems of representation to the delivery and enhancement of the learning experience.
- Develops learning relationships based on mutual respect and integrity.
- Commits to equality and diversity, and promotes inclusiveness, trust and fairness. Commits to the safety and wellbeing of all students.
1.2. Leadership of learning
- Promotes collaborative and collective leadership of learning.
- Creates innovative learning opportunities for students through active enquiry.
- Promotes, enables and empowers students to engage and achieve in learning in order to maximise their potential.
- Supports and encourages students to take personal responsibility for leading their own learning.
- Embraces and embeds sustainability in learning and teaching.
1.3. Continuous professional improvement
- Reflects critically on, and evaluates professional values, practice and contribution to student success.
- Collaborates with students, colleagues and external partners, including employers, to deliver excellence in learning.
- Participates actively in continuous career long development of professional knowledge, understanding and practice.
- Embraces change and emerging practices and developments.
- Promotes and supports a culture of quality improvement.