The Health and Safety Network is for staff operating in the college sector to meet and share thinking on key issues relating to development within their role; and supporting the development of key service activity fundamental to the sector’s ability to respond to new demands and increased pressure on resources.
The steering group aims to improve the standard of Health and Safety management by supporting college health and safety practitioners.
We do this by:
- facilitating the sharing of good health and safety practice
- providing examples of best practice health and safety procedures
- engaging with strategic partners
- supporting strong health and safety leadership
- encouraging stakeholders to take ownership of sensible and proportionate risk management
- connecting where appropriate with other relevant networks.
Sandra-Jane Grier, CDN Lead