The Professional Standards support the achievement of this vision by providing a clear description of the professional practice, knowledge, behaviours, qualities and capabilities that lecturers in colleges are expected to develop, maintain and enhance throughout their careers.
These Standards will be used for a range of purposes including:
- Underpinning professional teaching qualifications for lecturers in Scotland’s colleges.
- Developing critically reflective and evaluative practitioners.
- Supporting professional dialogue and collegiate working.
- Supporting professional development.
- Contributing to ongoing developments across the sector.