A successful Governance Conference was held in Edinburgh in early June 2015, attended by over 100 delegates with a keynote speech from Angela Constance, then Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning. This signals the launch of CDN’s new College Board Member Guide June 2015 as well as a programme of workshops and events for college board members, providing them with opportunities to come together, share experiences and learn about recent developments in the sector.
Half a dozen colleges have also already taken up the CDN offer to provide expert facilitation and support for their away day and training workshops. The support is always designed around the needs of the college board and, so far this year, has included topics such as:
- helping boards to evaluate their own performance and the development needs of their members
- governance good practice ideas
- how a board should ensure compliance with the Code of Good Governance
- putting students at the centre of board business
- board stakeholder engagement.
View the presentations from the event here